Thursday, July 19, 2007

So...


...it actually looks a little bit like a house now. With rafter construction underway, the overall shape of the house is starting to become a little clearer.

Hollie and I have really been in a whirlwind of decision-making. The faucets are already in (thanks, Uncle Todd!) so that is one thing out of the way. Lately, we have been focusing a lot on the cabinets & countertops, both in the kitchen and the bathrooms. I'm afraid my brother may be sorry that Hollie and I are the first clients for his new business (Trinity Kitchen And Bath - coming soon!). I can't imagine how frustrating it will be to try to decide where to put all the electrical outlets - that is coming soon.

We did decide to add a (roughly) 12' x 25' deck to the back of the house. We will have to compromise on some of the finer finishing touches we were hoping for to get some of the practicality, but it will all be worth it come November (better be November, right Mark? :) ).

Mark told me they won't build the steps to the second floor until the roof is on. Personally, I think it's just his way of keeping me off the second floor and finding something to complain about. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good! FJ