Friday, November 9, 2007

Live from Cincinnati...

Hollie and I are in Cincinnati this weekend for the Xavier University National Alumni Annual Meeting (she's the Louisville chapter president -- I'm just along for the free mini-vacation). Tomorrow is Xavier's Men's Basketball season opener...but I digress.

Lots to report in the past couple of weeks. First up is the cabinets, which my brother, stepfather, and I installed two weekends ago. The countertop was on by the following Wednesday (for some reason we don't have a pic including the countertop). I admit that I have yet to attach the hardware as well, so I promise to post an update when the kitchen is more complete.

Last weekend Hollie, Zachary, and I got some assistance with the medicine cabinets that will hang in the master bathroom. We bought them unassembled, so we had to build them and then stain them to match the cabinetry that will be in the master bath. Here you can see Zachary really getting into it. :)

We were pleasantly surprised to see our new mailbox completed on Thursday afternoon. We had it built to the same specifications as the 4 piers supporting the roof on the front porch of the house. It will be capped with limestone as a finishing touch.

And finally, this past week, the big transformation has been with the interior trim. The crew hung all the interior doors (in just 2 days) and has just completed the trim around the doors and windows.Next week, the baseboard will be installed and the stair treads, balusters, and newel post will be started.

Gotta rest up for the game, so I'm off to bed....












No comments: