Friday, August 10, 2007

We have windows!


That's what I squealed in Jason's ear yesterday afternoon when he answered his cell phone. What a difference the addition of color makes to the exterior of the house! I can't wait to see how the burgundy windows will pop against the green (Dried Thyme from Sherwin-Williams) siding. In case you are interested, the windows are from Semco, double-hung clad with simulated divided lights -- three over one -- in Vintage Burgundy. We just chose our exterior trim color today, which is Rockport Gray, one of the Pottery Barn colors from Benjamin Moore (Spring 2007) . Mark asked me for the trim color earlier in the week, which caught me off guard since we don't even have any trim up yet. He said we can go ahead and paint the rafter tails and the beadboard on the underside of the rafters. The siding is on order, and the brick for the skirt and chimney is supposed to be coming soon.

By the way, this is my first blog entry ever. Jason has been nagging me for a while to do one, but I told him I like his witty comments just fine. Finally the windows inspired me enough to do it. Be sure to leave me some comments so I'll be motivated to post again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you're just a witty two-some!! I can tell you were a one-time newspaper editor.

Your "other" mother

Bird legs said...

Hey Hollie and Jason! Looks like you'll be in for Chrismas. See you at the game. Bring plenty of money.

Anonymous said...

Hey, we need an update!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hollie, don't think you aren't as humorous as Jason. Keep up the good story telling.

The Landscape architect wants to see the deck and grounds one of these days.